Thanksgiving Meatballs [Recipe]FamilyPet
I know you still have some left over turkey! So show your pups how thankful you are to have them with these Thanksgiving Meatballs. Your dogs will be able to enjoy some tasty turkey and you’ll have someone savoring those left overs.
1 pound ground Turkey
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 cup dried Cranberries
1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a large bowl mix ground turkey, pumpkin puree, dried cranberries, oats, cinnamon and eggs using your hands until well combined.
3. Shape into meatballs between 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
4. Place on foil lined baking sheet, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until no longer pink in center and an inserted thermometer reads 160 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Cool and serve. Makes 2 dozen meatballs.
These are very rich and fattening so feed sparingly and break into pieces for smaller dogs.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances in certain dogs and cannot be held liable in this case. These recipes are intended for special occasions. They are meant as an addition to your dogs regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet. It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.
Tennille Tejeda, better known as the Doggy Dessert Chef, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and biscuits. You can find her two pups, treat and biscuit recipes, as well as other doggy fun at DoggyDessertChef.com. Woof!