Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Reminds Us Of Seasonal Hazards For Pets That We NEED To Be Aware Of!!

Celebrity Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson recently rescued a French Bulldog puppy named Brutus, and has been happily posting pictures of him on his Instagram. Now, not so happy, The Rock has delivered some devastating news.

Brutus was playing outside in his Florida backyard when he ate a toxic mushroom. The mushroom quickly destroyed his liver and immune system and sent him to doggy heaven.

Johnson posted this picture on his Instagram with this caption:

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 1.55.12 AM

“Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute.”

Now, Johnson is warning us all to be careful with what our pets eat outdoors. Fall happens to be mushroom season, and after what Brutus has gone through, it is clear that some mushrooms are very dangerous for pet consumption.


Leaves are another hazard that you may not realize could be dangerous. Piles in your lawn could quickly grow mold, and the bacteria can wind up hurting your pet’s stomach if ingested.


With all of the rain that comes with the changing season, standing water can become a issue as well.


“There had been some reports of dogs being exposed to giardia from standing water,” veterinarian Dr. Christine Glenn told ABC Action News. “So we were seeing an influx of dogs with vomiting and diarrhea.”

Glenn suggests to always keep your pets supervised in your yard to the best of your ability. If you are concerned with something they ate, call a vet immediately.


With the holidays coming, people are more likely to buy more lilies, rosemary, mistletoes and poinsettias. Be VERY careful of where you place these plants, because one bite of these plants can cause your pets to have kidney failure.

From Cruelty to Compassion — Animal Testing Lab Transforms into Sanctuary: Click “Next” below!

Whizzco for FAP