Rosemary Lemon Chicken Jerky [Recipe]
Blender or food processer
Baking sheet or dehydrator
2 to 3 Chicken Breasts
2 cups warm Water
2 teaspoons fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1. Add orange, lemon and water to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Combine puree and rosemary in a bowl.
3. Clean the chicken breasts and cut into strips, removing all the fat you can from the meat. It is easier to cut if you freeze the chicken slightly.
4. Place the chicken strips into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator, if needed add more water so that the meat is completely covered.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fahrenheit.
6. Place on baking sheet 1/2 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
7. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry appearance and texture.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the meat too, just follow the manufactures instructions.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances in certain dogs and cannot be held liable in this case. These recipes are intended for special occasions. They are meant as an addition to your dog’s regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet. It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.
Tennille Tejeda, better known as the Doggy Dessert Chef, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and biscuits. You can find her two pups, treat and biscuit recipes, as well as other doggy fun at DoggyDessertChef.com. Woof!