Rosemary Honey Sweet Potato Chews [Recipe]FamilyPet
2 to 3 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
2 tablespoons Honey
2 tablespoons dried Rosemary, crushed
2 cups Water (more if needed to cover sweet potatoes)
1. Combine water, honey and rosemary in a bowl.
2. Evenly slice your sweet potatoes, the thinner they are the faster they will dry but thicker chews last longer.
3. Place sweet potato slices into the marinade and allow to marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Place on a cookie sheet 1/4 inches apart, brush with marinade for additional flavor.
6. Dry in an oven, with the door slightly open to let out moisture, until you have achieved the texture you want.
Cool and store in an air tight container.
*If you have a food dehydrator that can be used to dry the chews too, just follow the manufacture instructions.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances in certain dogs and cannot be held liable in this case.
These recipes are intended for special occasions. They are meant as an addition to your dogs regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet.
It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.
Tennille Tejeda, better known as the Doggy Dessert Chef, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and biscuits. You can find her two pups, treat and biscuit recipes, as well as other doggy fun at DoggyDessertChef.com. Woof!