The Best Breeds To Adopt If You Want A Lap Dog
If you are lucky enough to have a dog in your life, you are lucky enough. They bring so much joy to us and are there for us, regardless of whether we are having a good day or a bad day. If you have been considering bringing a dog into your life or perhaps even another dog, there are some things to consider. After all, dogs come in all shapes and sizes but for many people, there is nothing quite like having a lap dog.
Before we begin talking about the different types of dogs that make the best lap dogs, it is important to keep something in mind. Dogs are fantastic, but whether they are large or small, they are our responsibility. Of course, as a member of your family, you will love taking care of them. You should also remember that dogs can be a companion in so many different ways.
If your idea of a companion dog is having a little animal that sits on your lap and enjoys being scratched behind the ear while you binge watch TV, then a lap dog is exactly what you need in your life. They can help to distract you from some of the difficulties that life throws your way in the best way possible.
Although there are many different types of dogs that could make a great lap dog, the following seven are definitely some you would want to keep on your radar.
1. Maltese – These little dogs typically weigh in at 7 pounds or under, according to PetMaltese. They are lovable animals. As a bonus, they don’t shed much so they are good when you suffer from allergies.
2. Shih Tzu – Aside from having a name that is great for a joke here and there, they are a fantastic companion and a good family dog. Like the Maltese, the Shih Tzu is a good option for those who have allergies. They can weigh up to 16 pounds, but they are the perfect size for your lap.
3. Pug – These little dogs are perfect as a lap dog, and many people consider them to be a big dog in a little dog’s body. They enjoy nothing more than cuddling up for a nice nap while you are sitting on the couch.
4. Boston Terrier – As a very devoted dog breed, the Boston terrier makes a great companion and an excellent addition to the family. They are smart and sometimes, a little too smart.
5. Pekingese – If you are looking for a loyal and lovable dog breed, you don’t need to look further than the Pekingese. They love cuddling and are very smart. Not only do they love curling up on your lap, but they also don’t need much exercise.
6. Havenese – When you need a dog that is relatively easy to care for and quite lovable, the Havenese is a choice you may want to consider. Once you have one of these lovable dogs in your life, you will never be without one again.
7. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – Although this breed is number seven on the list, they certainly should not be considered the last option. According to the American Kennel Club, this breed may weigh up to 18 pounds but that is 18 pounds of pure love. It is a great mix between a dog that loves sitting on your lap or playing a game of fetch.