Hairball Problem with Your Cat? Here Are Some Easy Solutions
Some cats are prone to hairballs, or vomiting that contains hair strands.
These hair strands may come from excessive grooming due to anxiety, stress, skin discomfort, or illness.
Vomiting a ball of hair may sometimes be mild, like if your cat can easily cough out the fur and move on. But when your cat is experiencing extreme difficulty or pain, it is a serious matter that needs professional help.
What can you do to help treat hairballs, or even prevent them?
Here are the steps you can take to make life more comfortable for your feline pet:
- Groom your cat regularly. It will help in removing loose fur, thereby minimizing the hair strands that your pet might swallow.
- Choose the right type of brush. Observe your cat to see if it is comfortable with the brush you are using to groom it. If not, replace it with a brush that your cat will enjoy being groomed with.
- Use treats, petting, and praises when grooming your cat so it will always associate your grooming session with pleasure.
- Choose the right diet for your cat, considering its health and age as well. Some cat food brands help in preventing hairballs with select and healthy ingredients.
- You can also use a gel-type lubricant or treats that are formulated to help hairball issues.
But in the case that your cat’s hairball problem appears to be worsening, it is best to consult the veterinarian, because your pet may have an underlying health condition.
Watch the video below to learn more about hairballs for your cat’s well-being!
Receiving Deadly Gifts of Love from Your Pet? Here's How to Safeguard Your Home: Click “Next” below!
At home, I spend my free time learning how to cook various cuisines. Tiramisu, chocolate mousse, and banoffee pie are my favorite desserts. Playing with our dogs, Mushu and Jerusalem, is also a special part of my day. And, of course, I read a lot – almost anything under the sun. But what really makes me feel alive is meeting people from various walks of life and writing about their stories, which echo with the tears and triumph of an unyielding spirit, humanity, and wisdom.