Grain- and Gluten-Free Cheesy Pizza [recipe]FamilyPet
1 cup Buckwheat Flour
1 (6 ounce) can Tomato Paste*
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 teaspoon dried Parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick.
4. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice, poke tops with a fork to prevent puffing.
5. Place on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool and refrigerate. Makes 2 to 3 dozen rounds.
*Make sure that the only ingredient in your tomato paste is tomatoes. A lot of brands add garlic and other spices for taste and you want to make sure to avoid those dog unfriendly ingredients.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances in certain dogs and cannot be held liable in this case. These recipes are intended for special occasions. They are meant as an addition to your dog’s regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet. It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.
Tennille Tejeda, better known as the Doggy Dessert Chef, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and biscuits. You can find her two pups, treat and biscuit recipes, as well as other doggy fun at DoggyDessertChef.com. Woof!