Gluten-Free Bacon Chicken [RECIPE]
I’ve got a yummy gluten-free and dairy-free treat that are sure to tempt the taste buds of any dog with a sensitive stomach.
Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
1 Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
3 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup Water
1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
1 1/2 cup Oat Flour*
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and take a straight edge and cut the dough horizontally and then vertically to make a grid (I used a pizza cutter).
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until browned at the edges.
5. Cool and break into pieces, then refrigerate.
*Oat flour is very easy to make yourself if you don’t have any handy. Just make sure your oats are labeled as gluten-free if your dog has a sensitivity.
Just add one cup of oats at a time to your blender and pulse on high until it the oatmeal becomes the consistency of flour. If needed let the blender rest between pulses and stir the oats with a spoon to make sure they are evenly blended.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances in certain dogs and cannot be held liable in this case.
These recipes are intended for special occasions. They are meant as an addition to your dogs regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet.
It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.
Tennille Tejeda, better known as the Doggy Dessert Chef, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and biscuits. You can find her two pups, treat and biscuit recipes, as well as other doggy fun at DoggyDessertChef.com. Woof!