Fruit Cake [RECIPE]FamilyPet
Happy holidays and have a wonderful new year. Woof!
1 cup dried dog safe Fruit (I used cherries, cranberries and pineapple)
1/4 cup dried dog safe Fruit (cherries, cranberries and pineapple)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Milk
1/4 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 tablespoon Butter, softened
1 tablespoon Honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone muffin pan or grease and flour a metal muffin pan .
2. In a medium bowl mix whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and 1 cup dried fruit then set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix milk, egg, vanilla extract, butter and honey.
4. Once well combined stir the fruit and flour mixture and stir until mixed.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan and sprinkle tops with 1/4 cup dried fruit.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
7. Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances in certain dogs and cannot be held liable in this case. These recipes are intended for special occasions. They are meant as an addition to your dogs regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet. It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.
Tennille Tejeda, better known as the Doggy Dessert Chef, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and biscuits. You can find her two pups, treat and biscuit recipes, as well as other doggy fun at DoggyDessertChef.com. Woof!