Dogs Get Into The Kitchen Cupboard And Dye Themselves Green With Food Coloring
Owner Yada Ornsomjit, from in Lamphun, northern Thailand, said she was shocked when she woke up on Saturday morning (20 July) and saw that her dogs looked like the Incredible Hulk!
The adorable French bulldogs raided her kitchen cupboard and got into green food coloring after she accidentally left her kitchen door open overnight:
”I forgot to shut the kitchen door the night before. But I couldn’t believe they went inside and made everything green,” Ornsomjit said, according to the Daily Mail.
The dogs had managed to not only turn themselves green but had spread the coloring across the kitchen floor and other parts of the house:
”My husband and I spent half a day washing them about three times but some parts of their bodies were still green. We were really tired but they seemed not to know what they had done wrong.”
Fortunately, most food coloring is water-soluble and should rinse right off. But if you are still having trouble cleaning your dog you can try the following methods:
1. Brush problem areas daily to cut down on stains as they are likely to build up under the eyes, around the mouth, and under the dog’s nails.
2. Wash the stained areas with a regular dog shampoo, but makes sure not to do it more than 2-3 times as the shampoo can start to irritate your dog’s skin.
3. You can try dabbing some witch hazel into the stained fur. Leave the stain to soak for five minutes, rinse with water and shampoo away any residue.