Loyal Dog Waited At The Hospital For 3 Months After His Owner Died From Coronavirus

Ask any dog owner and they will tell you that dogs are among the most loyal creatures on the planet. That fact was demonstrated beautifully when a dog waited at a Chinese hospital patiently every day for 3 months for his owner.

Unfortunately, the pensioner died of the coronavirus only five days after coming to the Wuhan Taikang Hospital, according to staff members.

During the three months that the dog stayed at the hospital, he won the hearts of the staff. It all started when he arrived at the hospital with his elderly owner during the February portion of the coronavirus pandemic.

The dog had no idea that his owner would not be coming back to him, so the seven-year-old pup waited in the Taikang Hospital lobby for over three months. He was being fed by staff and others who had a heart for the little dog.

A woman who ran a supermarket in the hospital, Wu Cuifen, heard about the owner of the dog being admitted due to COVID-19 and had pneumonia.

She tried to get the dog to leave the hospital but he wouldn’t budge. That is when Wu Cuifen decided to take care of the dog, that she named Xiaobao, or “Little Treasure.”

Wuhan had lifted its restrictions on lockdown on April 13. That is when the supermarket at the hospital reopened. At that point, Ms. Wu was taking care of him and, according to the New York Post, she said:

“I first noticed the little dog when I returned to work in the middle of April. I called him ‘Xiaobao.’

They told me his owner, a pensioner, was admitted with the coronavirus.

Then he passed away, but Xiaobao didn’t know and just stayed in the hospital looking for him.

He never left the hospital. It was incredibly touching and so loyal.”

The supermarket is located on the hospital’s first floor. She said:

“I grew familiar with the dog and later brought him into the shop.

Every morning when I opened up, Xiaobao would be there waiting for me. He saw me off at the end of each day.”

According to Ms. Wu, Xiaobao stayed loyally at the hospital and refused to leave. They would even take him somewhere else to drop him off but he would find his way back to the hospital and continue to wait.

“Although Xiaobao can’t speak, we understand that he is definitely still looking for his owner,” she told reporters.

When some of the patients began to complain about having a dog in the hospital, nurses got in touch with the Wuhan Small Animal Protection Association. The members of that rescue took the dog in and made sure that he was treated by veterinarians. They also sterilized him to get him ready for his new forever home.

The shelter is now looking at various potential forever homes for Xiaobao according to Du Fan, the director of the Association. Ms. Wu is hopeful that the dog will find a forever home that will treat him the way he deserves to be treated.

A Dog Struggled with Escaping a Half-Frozen Lake Until a Man Swiftly Ran to Its Rescue: Click “Next” below!

I love to write and it keeps me busy. I've been working online, full time since 1999. When you can't find me at the keyboard, you'll find me getting as much as I can out of life. I enjoy living simply, playing games, visiting the beach, and spending time with my family.
Whizzco for FAP