Cheddar Bacon Turkey Cake [Recipe]FamilyPet
Do you have a special occasion coming up? Maybe it’s a doggy birthday, an adoption, graduation from obedience school, or just a whole day with out a doggy accident. This cheddar bacon turkey cake is the perfect way to celebrate. Just make sure to feed in moderation. Like any cake, too much can be a bad thing. Woof!
Silicone cake pan, 9-inch round cake pan or bone shaped pan
1 pound ground Turkey, cooked and drained
2 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1 stick Butter, softened
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Milk
1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Use a silicone cake pan or grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan or bone shaped pan.
2. In a large bowl mix whole wheat flour and baking soda then set aside.
3. In a medium bowl mix turkey, bacon, butter, cheese, milk and eggs.
4. Once well combined add to the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan.
6. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool 5 minutes in pan then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances in certain dogs and cannot be held liable in this case. These recipes are intended for special occasions. They are meant as an addition to your dogs regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet.
It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.
Tennille Tejeda, better known as the Doggy Dessert Chef, creates and develops recipes for dog treats and biscuits. You can find her two pups, treat and biscuit recipes, as well as other doggy fun at DoggyDessertChef.com. Woof!