Adoption Center Creates Hilarious Posters To Inspire People To Rescue Senior PetsTalan Torriero
If you’ve ever walked into a shelter, you know how it feels when an adorable animal stares at you with those ‘puppy dog’ eyes. But what most people don’t realize is that it takes a lot of work to raise a puppy or kitten.
This is why one in ten pets adopted from a shelter were no longer in the home six months later. Common issues associated with returned animals include time commitment, health problems, and behavioral issues.
Another sad statistic is that senior dogs (7+ years) have an even harder time finding a forever home with only a 25% adoption rate.
The Animal Protective Association of St. Louis came up with a genius marketing campaign “Grown-Ass Adult” to show people the benefits of adopting a senior pet.
The series of print ads, along with the hashtags #grownassadult and #adoptadult, showcase all the reasons why adult animals make great companions.
1. I like to sleep through the night. I’ll bet you do, too.
2. Let’s just take a deep breath. And maybe another nap or two.
3. Oh, you mean all your furniture isn’t made out of fire hydrants? Just kidding. I knew that.
4. I won’t make you step in puddles. Inside your own house.
5. I’m mature enough to know the difference between a tennis ball and cashmere.
6. I know chemistry is important. So is space.
7. I’m well trained. So is my bladder.
8. When you kiss me, you’re not kissing all the poop that I’ve also kissed.
9. I’m not afraid to poop in your house, in my own designated area of course.
10. I get that you have a day job and a desire for companionship that doesn’t get too clingy.
11. You won’t catch me humping your loafers. Or lifting my leg on your floor lamp.
12. I believe in the unspoken bond that comes with unspoken cohabitation.
13. I know where your food is. And I know where my food is.
14. There’s no bone buried beneath your couch cushions? Just kidding. I knew that.
15. I won’t try to rip the squeaker out of your throw pillows.
16. Puppies get hashtags. I’ve got one for ya. #GROWNASSADULT
The Animal Protective Association of Missouri is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing people and pets together, advancing humane education and creating programs beneficial to the human/animal bond. If you are interested in learning more, check out their website.
For rescue organizations that save the lives of thousands of pets each year, providing for the basic needs of dogs and cats, such as food and medical care, can be an overwhelming expense — often leaving little budget left for non-essential supplies.
Help fund a shopping spree for shelter organizations in the United States! Every dollar you contribute will become a dollar for qualifying rescue organizations to use as store credit on Riley’s Organics and PawsGive products at The Animal Rescue Site store.