8 Unique Halloween Costume Ideas For Your DogFamilyPet
I love this time of year! I love all the excitement surrounding Halloween, and seeing the cute costumes my nieces and nephew come up with, and seeing excited visitors of all ages visiting my city of Salem, MA during the month of October. October is a very fun-filled month for us here in Salem. We even have multiple Halloween pet costume contests!
Having seen a lot of the same type of dog costumes throughout the years, I was wondering what kind of unusual or unique costumes that may be available for owners that are looking for different ideas. Here are the cutest and most unique ones that I have come across.
1. Pirate – it even comes with a peg-leg and a parrot!
2. Underdog – I wish my dog liked to wear costumes, because this is absolutely the one I would choose for him! Underdog was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid.
3. After seeing this picture, I can’t imagine this Cave Dog costume on any breed other than a bulldog! A perfect pair!
4. …and here is the costume my husband would choose! “I pity the fool” who doesn’t think this Mr. T costume is very creative and unique!
5. I love the colors on this Peacock costume! I have yet to see this on a dog before, and I bet this would definitely turn a lot of heads if you are entering your pet in a costume contest!
6. How is this not the cutest pair of doggies all ready to go trick or treating!? Hansel and Gretel are so adorable!
7. Is your dog your knight in shining armor? I know mine is! This could be great for a dog that would hate a more cumbersome costume, but doesn’t mind wearing loose fitting jackets.
8. Or maybe your dog is the king of your castle? Most probably think they are! This cute guy looks perfect in his regal costume!
I hope these costumes can help inspire you or at least give you a good chuckle! I’d enjoy hearing what our readers are dressing their “kids” up as this year.
Juliet Carty Greene is the proud pet Mommy of Yoda, Wendy, Willow and the proud foster Mom of Batman 1 dog, 3 cats!). She has been happily married for over a year and lives in Salem, MA. Besides writing and expanding her knowledge on dogs, she’s an avid winter-time knitter and all around animal lover.