This Cat Was Doused In Motor Oil And Left For Dead, But Now He’s Recovering In Much Better Hands

Proper FAP familypet_belowtitle

A seven-year-old orange tabby cat was cruelly doused in motor oil and left to die. He ingested a large amount of the oil when it initially happened, and then ingested even more while trying to clean himself.

The cat, now named Slick, was thankfully rescued after animal control officers were called to pick the cat up from an Idaho Falls neighborhood. After being rescued, he was immediately rushed to Northgate Veterinary Clinic and was sedated so he could be shaved and bathed.

Idaho Falls Animal Shelter

Idaho Falls Animal Shelter

The cat is now recovering at Idaho Falls Animal Shelter, where he is hooked up to IV fluids to flush the oil, which could cause damage to his kidneys, out of his body.

Once Slick is fully recovered, he will be available for adoption. If you’re interested in giving him a forever home, visit him at Idaho Falls Animal Shelter! This poor cat has been through so much, and now deserves nothing much the best love and care!

Idaho Falls Animal Shelter

Idaho Falls Animal Shelter

This investigation is ongoing and they’re hoping witnesses will come forward to help bring whomever did this to Slick to justice. If you have any information on Slick’s abuser, please call 208-612-8671.

Criteo FAP
Proper FAP familypet_belowcontent
Growing up, Ashley always had a passion for writing. After receiving her Bachelor's in Journalism from Stony Brook University, she now uses that passion to write about the thing she loves most in this world: animals! When she isn't writing, you can find her curled up on the couch with a kindle in her hands and her Guinea Pigs on her lap.