Peanut Butter Pumpkin Biscotti Dog TreatsFamilyPet
Talk about yum! Your dog will love these homemade peanut butter and pumpkin biscotti dog treats. Frankly, I think many humans would find it pretty tasty! Give it a go and let me know if your dog liked his special baked treats.
Equipment youâ€™ll need
Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 (1/2 tablespoons) Carob Powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Combine dry ingredients whole wheat flour, cinnamon and baking power and stir until well mixed. Add peanut butter, pumpkin puree and milk to dry mix and knead until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Separate dough into two balls and gently knead 1/2 teaspoon carob powder into each ball, until it is marbled through out the dough.
4. Form dough into flat logs about 6 inches wide and 1 inch high. Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then cut logs into 1 inch slices.
5. Place slices on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the slices are as dry and crunchy. Allow to cool.
Makes 1 to 2 dozen biscotti.
This dog treat recipe has been carefully researched and tried and tested on various dogs. However, I cannot rule out the possibility of particular food intolerances or allergies. Please do not make these treats if your dog is allergic to or can’t tolerate any of the ingredients listed below.
Remember – this homemade dog treat recipe is intended for special occasions. It’s meant as an addition to your dogs regular diet and should not replace a proper balanced diet.Â It is essential to ask the advice of your veterinarian before feeding your dog any homemade food.